Sunday, May 9, 2010

And the Decision Has Been Made......

Well, sort of.


I know all of you patient readers are sick, sick, sick of my fence sitting and angst.  


I received an informal email offer to teach two sections of an advanced methods course and do some supervising of practicum and student teachers next year by a nearby university.  No contract yet, but I am penciled in for these assignments.  I have agreed to the assignment in another informal email.  I am good with the informality but have not resigned from my EBD teaching position yet.


Why not?  Well, I love the security of having that contract and EBD teacher assignment in my hand.  But I think I have processed a good part of the grief.  I think I am ready to move out of EBDland and into a new place in my career.  I think I am ready.  I think.....


It will be great to pass the baton, to impart all my EBDland wisdom to special education teacher wannabes, to tell my tales, to hold them to a high standard of performance, to expect nothing but the best from them, to not inflate grades or pass them on if I don't think they are ready.  It will be great.  


Right?


Won't it?

1 comment:

  1. Different? Definitely. Influential? You bet. Great? I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete

Although I am dangerously opinionated, I am a flexible thinker and welcome your thoughts.